Yintegrate: A Flow & Yin Workshop Series focused on Balancing the Body Systems
Join Leigh Stewart and Alex Blefari for a five part morning workshop series to rejuvenate the body's systems in a half flow, half yin class with hot stones, therapeutic-grade aromatherapy, hand-harvested teas and guided meditation.
Each Saturday, you will explore a different system of the body (reproductive, immune, excretory, nervous, & endocrine) with accompanying essential oils, hot stones and yin postures to promote health, balance and harmony throughout the body.
Yintegrate is an hour and a half workshop and it takes place at The Center SF on Saturday mornings from 9:00-10:30am on the following dates:
Yintigrate Creativity: January 6th (SF) 2018
- Body system focus - reproductive system
- Asana (body work) - fluid yin flow with a focus on the hips to tap into the sacral chakra that provides an outlet to birth new ideas and life. Our practice will culminate with yin-versions to expand the creative energy out of the body and into the universe.
- Meditation - expansion meditation using shanmukti and ganesha mudras to cultivate trust and activate the power of shifting inward. This class will begin with intention setting and visualization for the new year.
- Pranayama (breathing) - alternate nostril to balance the two hemispheres of the brain and body (yin/yang, masculine/ feminine, creative/analytical, subtle/expressive). This breath works on flowing energy from one side of the body to the other, and if done properly and practiced regularly, can successfully release 70-80% of toxins in the body.
- Oil essence - therapeutic grade essential oils for balancing hormones and increasing the vitality of the glands.
- Tea- sensual blend of Ayurvedic herbs for reproductive vitality and elevated consciousness.
Yintigrate Support: February 3rd (SF) 2018
- Body system focus - immune system
- Asana (body work) - Postures to stimulate the thymus, the body's center for immunity boosting, through heart opening postures and restorative asanas with extended holds to reduce cortisol production in the body.
- Meditation - finding peace and self-compassion within, through compassion circle meditation, so you can better bring peace and share compassion with others.
- Pranayama (breathing) - centering breath exercise following the breath along the meridian of the body. Creates a sense of grounding for peace.
- Oil essence - therapeutic grade essential oils enhance feelings of compassion and create a sense of balance within.
- Tea- blend of tonic and "first sign" herbs for cold and flu tapping into blood building herbal allies.
Yintigrate Fluidity: March 3rd (SF) 2018
- Body system focus - excretory system
- Asana (bodywork) - twist and twist some more. This class will dive deeply into a variety of twisting yin postures to build the heat necessary to eliminate through sweat and the depth needed to aid digestion.
- Meditation - spaciousness meditation to promote abundance and the ability to let go.
- Pranayama (breathing) - breath of fire, a rapid, heat-producing breath that detoxifies your body leaving your cells feelings awakened and refreshed.
- Oil essence - therapeutic grade essential oils to support detoxification of harmful environmental pathogens and internal infections/ parasites.
- Tea- diuretic blend of herbs to cleanse the kidneys and promote detoxification through the skin pathway.
Yintigrate Calm: March 31st (SF) 2018
- Body system focus - nervous system
- Asana (bodywork) - targets fight of flight muscle groups in the body, mainly the quadriceps as well as chest openers, connecting the body's increased vulnerability and fearlessness with the calming of the nervous system. The asana portion of this class will explore a trauma-informed approach to movement.
- Meditation - infinit hand mudra meditation
- Pranayama (breathing) - 3 part yogic breath (belly breathing) proven to better oxygenate cells and decrease symptoms of stress and anxiety.
- Oil essence - therapeutic grade essential oils to eliminate stress, reduce insomnia, reduce high blood pressure and bring a sense of peace into the body.
- Tea- adaptogenic trifecta of herbs to aid in the body's ability to transform physical and mental stress responses.
Yintigrate Balance: May 5th (SF) 2018
- Body system focus - endocrine system
- Asana (bodywork) - yin-versions, inner/interactive postural chanting and an extended yoga nidra to close will support the health of the hypothalamus. Chest and throat openers will explore the mingling of the vagus nerve with the health of the hypothalamus.
- Meditation - giving and receiving gesture meditation.
- Pranayama (breathing) - belly breathing with retention to increase lung capacity and create a sensation of euphoria.
- Oil essence - therapeutic grade essential oils to reduce anxiety and stress and bring a sense of balance from within.
- Tea- Tonic, Ayurvedic blends for masculine and feminine hormone regulation.