5 Reasons To Attend The Enchanted Forest Gathering In Mendocino
Calling all lovers of yoga, music, personal growth and the magical outdoors: There are “more flowers than a hippie can handle in a single serving” at the Black Oak Ranch in Mendocino County next month for the Enchanted Forest Gathering -- a conscious living, music and movement festival taking place July 22-24.
Tulku D'etat, who wanted to share the natural beauty of Northern California with their dance community in the Bay Area, founded the Enchanted Forest Gathering (EFG) in the summer of 2011. Since then, this gathering, which aims to activate personal growth, inspire collective sharing and redefine conscious celebration, has grown and changed shape to become a conscious festival unlike any other.
“What started as a dance party in the forest for a couple hundred people quickly gained popularity,” D'etat said. “Beginning in year two, we made it an integral part of our event to serve as a platform for our community to share their gifts and shine. We added yoga, workshops, art and a healing temple.”
The gathering offers a diverse musical lineup of live and electronic dance music, a wide array of movement-based workshops, including two yoga spaces, a mini flow arts festival and dance temple. James Kapicka and Krista Love Hagman curated the yoga program and will also be teaching.
“We are so very excited to have Suzanne Sterling with us to share both her yoga and music. We are also very excited to have Hamsa Lila and the self-dubbed ‘World’s Funkiest Diplomat,’ The Polish Ambassador,” D'etat said.
What Else Sets This Gathering Apart?
One of the biggest differentiators is that the Enchanted Forest Gathering is an alcohol-free festival, and their “Get saucy, not sauced” policy, which “has created a container for community to flourish,” D'etat said. “The level of clear and conscious connection at the Enchanted Forest Gathering is unparalleled at other festivals. Over the years it has become clear that what makes us special are the people who attend.”
So, Who Should Attend?
“Anyone who cherishes or desires a strong sense of community,” D'etat said. “Last year we had just under 3,000 people at EFG and the event is capped at 5,000. EFG has worked hard to preserve the sense of intimate connection that it was founded on, even amidst our substantial growth. We offer something for just about everyone.”
Wanna bring the whole fam? There will also be an area for children, Kidslandia, and Montessori daycare options. Another perk: children 12 and under can attend for free!
Top 5 Reasons to Attend
Here are the top five reasons to attend the festival, according to D'etat:
- Nature. Everyone can benefit from more connection to nature, and Black Oak Ranch is absolutely beautiful. EFG takes place amongst giant oak trees and the property has refreshing watering holes to play around in.
- Community. This word comes up a lot but if you are looking at reasons to attend, community must be among the top.
- Personal Growth. It is important to us that EFG offers as much of an opportunity for personal growth as it does to party. We have carefully curated an expansive offering, including more than 150 workshops and movement classes and a healing sanctuary that offers a wide array of modalities, from massage, chiropractic adjustments, and even tuning fork attunements.
- FUN. Let’s face it, sometimes you need to take a step back from all that you are immersed in the day-to-day and go dance the weekend away. EFG offers four different intimate stages that will feature more than 80 internationally acclaimed musicians.
- Mystery. Beyond music and workshops, EFG always has plenty of exciting surprises in store for its participants, from a late night comedy stage, a carefully curated art gallery, big art installations, world-class light shows and more. You never know what you might find at the Enchanted Forest Gathering!
“It is our goal to have attendees leave our gathering inspired, refreshed and rejuvenated,” said D'etat, adding that they have placed a huge emphasis on participant comfort. There will be ample places to rest and relax in comfortable lounges, elixir bars with Revive Kombucha on tap, showers, sauna, and shade installations aplenty.
Where Do I Sign-up!?
EFG is currently running a special promotion where groups of four or more can get $30 off each ticket when bought in a package. For full details on this enchanting gathering or to buy tickets, visit: www.enchantedforestmendo.com.
Don’t forget to pack your wings!