What’s New at Wanderlust Whistler?
PRESS RELEASE FROM WANDERLUST
Each year, Wanderlust, producer of the largest yoga and lifestyle events in the world, comes to Whistler, BCto create a retreat experience that lets wellness enthusiasts, mindful adventurers, families, and foodies come together for a weekend of transformative yoga, outdoor activities, organic dining, local wines, live music and inspiring lectures in a breathtaking mountaintop setting. Taking place August 3-6, 2017, attendees can choose from an extraordinary array of activities including yoga, meditation, explorative hikes, running treks, food demos, music workshops—and more— to create an unforgettable weekend escape.
What’s New and Not To Be Missed at Wanderlust Whistler 2017?
• Classes with Seane Corn, Eoin Finn, Annie Carpenter, Vinnie Marino Yogi Amandeep and More: Seane and Eoin, world-renowned, powerhouse yoga instructors, return to share their distinctive yoga styles. Annie Carpenter, Vinnie Marino and Yogi Amandeep come to Wanderlust Whistler for the very first time.
• Bodywork Classes: Our “Haven” venue will host a variety of bodywork classes throughout the weekend: learn how to release muscles with self massage, massage with props, such as rollers and balls, and techniques for relieving pain, facilitating proper posture, and improving sleep.
• Musical Performances: Get down with live performances, part of the Whistler Presents: Outdoor Concert Series featuring the soulful funk of Charles Bradley and his Extraordinaires, the innovative circus performance of Quixotic, the R&B/psychedelic stylings of Con Brio, the emotional world-pop of Elijah Ray, the expansive, hypnotic sounds of Khruangbin and many more.
• Speakeasy Talks: Get inspired by our lecture program featuring today's thought leaders: Bulletproof CEO Dave Asprey will offer diet and lifestyle changes that support a sharper, smarter, faster, more resilient brain; former President of Harpo Studios and final Executive Producer of The Oprah Winfrey Show Sheri Salata shows you how to reframe, redefine and reimagine all areas of your life without anxiety, guilt and self -judgment; Author of the bestselling book Conscious Uncoupling, Katherine Woodward Thomas helps you awaken your power to create happy, healthy, committed love—and more.
• Salt + Smoke BBQ: Traveling from North Carolina, the Salt & Smoke Roadshow is coming to Wanderlust with an evening celebrating the best the South has to offer. Dance to live music, eat local, whole-hog BBQ with all the fixings, pocket an ever-so-fashionable Salt & Smoke pint glass, and relish that first, perfect beer.
• Yoga Music Workshop: Join DJ Taz Rashid for a workshop on how to build a yoga music playlist. Learn how to breakdown your classes in a simple way, and easily build your favorite music into any practice whether it's a high intensity vinyasa, or a mellow yin, restorative class or to your personalized yoga style.
• Meditation Classes: Unplug and get centered with meditation classes from renowned teachers such as Davidji, Insiya Rasiwala-Finn and more.
• Soulscape Classes: This yoga practice accompanied by our DJs powerful, exclusive playlists is designed to dissolve hardened boundaries and unwind the tension. Classes devoted entirely to the music of Bon Iver, David Bowie, Moby, Coldplay and a mashup of Lauryn Hill and Enya are on this year’s roster.
• Daily Ashtanga Classes: Fiona Stang leads attendees through the fundamentals of this particular Mysore yoga tradition. Beginner as well as more advanced classes are offered.
• Wanderlust Listening Room: Our brand new, one-of-a-kind aural experience of music: Sink into the comfort and peace of low lighting, pillows, and cushions and drift into an intimate and personal experience of specially-curated music with a live musician in state of the art surround sound speakers.
The Wanderlust Festival North American tour will continue beyond Whistler with a final stop in Tremblant, Quebec (Canada), August 24-27.
For more information, the full lineup and tickets please visit: https://wanderlust.com/festivals/whistler/
Festival attendees will be nourished by a number of Wanderlust partners, including:
• adidas, who will host a one-of-a kind, immersive onsite activation to engage in attendee-led experiences, enabling them to embed more sport into their day and create their best selves at all US-based events. Apparel from the adidas x Wanderlust co-branded collection will be sold at each event.
• Drawing on the healthy lifestyle of Scandinavia, Ole Henriksen skincare combines efficacious powerful actives, natural botanicals and essential fatty acids to exfoliate, treat and soothe skin - resulting in the Ole Glow™. Presenting the Glow Tour, a one of a kind-discovery experience designed to help attendees reveal their Ole Glow, Ole Henriksen invites festival attendees to stop by for exert skin consultations, hands-on product trials and luxe surprises around every turn. Overcome "problem" skin with Ole Henriksen and discover pure radiance from the inside out.
• TY KU Sake, authentically brewed in Nara, Japan—the birthplace of sake—is 100% all natural and completely free of gluten, sulfites and tannins. It’s the perfect way to unwind without undoing the day's practice. Come by for a special Sake 101 and sample four types of award winning sake.
Wanderlust Holdings, LLC is a global yoga lifestyle company founded in 2009. Our mission is to help you find your true north—to live a healthy and inspired life. Wanderlust’s events encompass Wanderlust Festival, the largest multi-day yoga and music festivals in the world and Wanderlust 108, a one-day “mindful triathlon” taking place in urban parks across the world. In 2012, we opened the first Wanderlust Yoga studio, a re-imagination of the yoga studio experience and began offering Wanderlust Teacher Training, a yoga teacher-training program inspired by the Wanderlust festival experience. In 2015, we launched Wanderlust TV, a media platform connecting viewers with inspirational teachers and wellness experts and Wanderlust Hollywood, a 10,000 square foot center in Los Angeles, CA offering yoga and meditation classes, a world-class organic restaurant, and a full-featured performance venue. Become a fan of Wanderlust: