Suzanne Sterling at Asana Oakland on Saturday, October 7 from 2:00 - 5:00pm.
$60 early bird rate thru Sept. 23
$75 regular registration rate after Sept. 23
Do you yearn to stand in your own power and speak your truth? Is it time to listen to the poetry of your own soul and the wisdom of your sacred intuition? Would you like to take your spiritual work out into the world in embodied, compassionate, and active ways?
Voice of Change with Suzanne Sterling is designed to develop and strengthen your ability to live, express, and embody your truth. In this workshop you will explore ways to heal the deep-seated patterns and stories that keep us silent & invisible, uncover the soul of expression that lives inside you, and celebrate your creativity & artistry in powerful ways. You will then be guided in taking steps to become an effective agent-of-change by using self-expression, ritual, and community-building to support social justice and creative evolution. Voice of Change invites our embodied truth to become our message, our medicine, and our direct action.
You will learn:
- how to unlock your creative potential and find the self-expression that fits you best
- to understand and heal the core traumas that keep you protected but shut down
- to understand the science of sound healing as well as how to use your own voice as a tool for empowerment
- how the basic energy system of the body works and how to unlock the 5th chakra for purification & liberation
- how to reclaim your voice from the situations & people that forced you to hide your authentic voice
- how to awaken your own intuitive leadership skills and remove blocks to power & confidence
- to become a wordsmith who uses words and songs to awaken, heal, and empower others
- how to integrate the sacred into your life, art, and work
Voice of Change: Find Your Voice, Live Your Truth
This workshop will include lecture, experiential exercises, and asana yoga practice.
Suzanne Sterling is a dedicated musician, yogi, activist and social innovator who has been performing and teaching transformational workshops for over 20 years. She is founder of Voice of Change, a co-founder of Off the Mat into the World® and Director of the Global Seva Challenge. An award winning musician, she has released 5 solo albums and numerous DVD soundtracks. Her life work is dedicated to inspiring others to find their unique voice and to use self-expression as a tool for community building and conscious evolution.
Suzanne began her training as an actress and dancer at the early age of 10. She attended an award winning alternative school where she studied philosophy and subatomic physics, alchemy, world religions, shamanic traditions, systems design, the nature of consciousness and expressive arts. This led to her many years as a student of occult and earth based traditions as well as innovative therapeutic modalities and the foundations of sacred activism. She also continued working as a performer, gathering a B.A. in Theatre Arts and a minor in dance from San Francisco State University and was inspired to create her own dance theatre company “Imagica Dance Theatre”. In 1995 that company created an award winning performance entitled “Facing Aids” which toured the entire west coast and was critically acclaimed. She has studied with such esteemed teachers as Charles Bush, Ed Mock, Alonzo King, Judith Lasater, Maty Ezraty and Chuck Miller, Starhawk, Mona Miller and many more.
Find out more at www.suzannesterling.com or on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.